0 like 0 dislike
asked in Teradata Database Forum by (100 points)  

That is a direct quotation from Bobby Kotick, who purchased Mediagenic that turned to Activision, which bought a plethora of gaming studios, and united with WOW TBC Classic Gold Vivendi, and is currently Activision Blizzard:

I'd honestly have to read/research a lot more. I actually only know it did occur; the when; how much it cost, etc., but I don't believe I ever watched the why. I didn't think Vivendi Games was ever that hard up for money, but I suppose something Activision had seemed enticing enough.

The two Vanilla and TBC classic are all out, able to experience as it was. And. . . It absolutely feels like a different game compared to what I recall. And I would say I like the classic variations a whole lot less than retail today. It is a lot slower and simpler. It is more clunky. It is far more grindy and time consuming. Rewards matter a great deal less since the PvE experiences are balanced around somebody with performance difficulties and a lot worse sense and ability of the match.

Really is not that the matches have become worse, it's the player mindset which have changed. Coupled with a ton of tools for learning and assistance. Individuals trying to take shortcuts rather than learning, leading them to feel as though it is a grind when they can not simply jump to the rewards. People today consume content a lot faster and use a lot of crutches to perform it. They bypass most of the investigating and trial and error parts, which is what they remember most fondly from the old games, in favor of optimization and min/max from the get go. A lot of optimization is not even about doing things better, but removing things all together. Which also contributes to people whining that they"feel pressured" doing things because they're so utilized to being able to bypass it.

I 100% believe that this was true in Hearthstone. I haven't played in a very long time but back when they first started adding cards would be a few brand new broken strategy everyone needed to play and Blizzard sat about for months saying everything was fine before waiting to launch a few half-assed counter in the next expansion. When it failed they finally delivered a balance patch to fix the original issue. I'm sure people stuck around simply to see if the new cards could alter whatever so the player numbers were fostered.

Agree. I do think there is an element of this devs fooling themselves into believing their"methods" and content are at least kind of fun. They certainly"overdesign", beginning with cheap WOW Classic TBC Gold the rewards and working backward from there instead of really thinking if the systems themselves are enjoyable.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

0 like 0 dislike
0 answers
0 like 0 dislike
0 answers