0 like 0 dislike
asked by (1.5k points)  

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
answered by (430 points)  
  • The techie had gone to Dubai from Bengaluru last month where he worked with people from Hong Kong
  • The Karnataka government is now keeping a watch on all those who came in contact with the patient in Bengaluru

BENGALURU : The software engineer from Bengaluru, who become India's fifth confirmed case of coronavirus, had gone to Dubai last month where he is believed to have caught the infection. The 24-year-old techie, whose identity has been kept confidential, is employed by a software company in Bengaluru and had worked with people from Hong Kong in Dubai last month where he is suspected to have contracted the virus.

After finishing work, the youngster returned to Bengaluru on February 20 and till then he showed no signs of any illness or infection. Two days later, he took a bus to Hyderabad, his native city, where he fell sick.

The techie took treatment for fever after coming to Hyderabad and after five days, he was admitted to a private super specialty hospital in the city. As his flu and fever like symptoms did not subside, he was shifted to the state-run Gandhi Hospital on Sunday evening, Telangana health minister E Rajender said.


On Monday, he tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and became Telangana's first case of the disease that emanated from China and has so far killed more than 3,000 people in several parts of the world.

Karnataka Health Minister B Sriramulu has said that a medical team is monitoring the health condition of all those people who had stayed with the coronavirus-hit techie.

"It has come to our knowledge that the coronavirus-hit person in Hyderabad had gone from Bengaluru. Therefore, all the members in the house where he had stayed here have been identified and are under watch," Sriramulu tweeted on late Monday night.

Before moving to Hyderabad, the techie spent two days in Bengaluru, meeting company employees and other people. About 80 people, including eight family members, 42 staffers at the private hospital including doctors, paramedical staffers and front office personnel and 27 bus passengers, are believed to have come into contact with him since his return.

The family members of the techie were brought to Gandhi Hospital and kept in an isolation ward. The staffers at the private hospitals were also advised to undergo all tests.

No related questions found